- A recent report on smoke alarms on NBC's "Dateline" has triggered further debate about which type of alarm works best: photoelectric or ionization. If you're familiar with Consumer Reports' smoke alarm tests, you know that the answer is ... neither. Consumer Reports recommend both technologies to ensure maximum protection from fire. (Click here to go to Consumer Reports' smoke alarm tests.)
- At approximately 1 am, Engine 11 was dispatched to a fire alarm in the 7000 block of Dorsey Run Road. Upon arrival, they found a 20' box truck well involved next to a large warehouse, and requested the box alarm be transmitted. The truck fire was quickly brought under control with no extension into the warehouse; however, a significant amount of cold smoke was ventilated from the building.
- Tuesday, 18 December 2012 00:00 At approximately 10:30 am, units were dispatched for a reported dryer fire in the 7000 block of Ducketts Lane. Engine 11 arrived to find a three story garden style apartment with a dryer fire in a second floor apartment. The fire was extinguished by a sprinkler system, which also contained the fire to the dryer and vent. Water damage was minimal, and was also contained ... (Full Story & Photos)
- At approx 11:30 hours, units arrived on location of a box truck on fire. The assignment was upgraded due to the truck's location at the loading dock. E91 and E11 extinguished the fire with an attack line, AA 291 checked for smoke conditions in side warehouse, natural ventilation was used. FM 201 on scene investigating.
- Rescue Squad 1 was placed back in service on November 13, 2012.
On February 29, 2012, the Elkridge Volunteer Fire Department (Howard County, MD) signed a contract with Patriot Fire to refurbish RESCUE 1.
The refurbished E-ONE Rescue features include: total inspection of the frame chassis and body, severe duty interior instillation, new upgraded HVAC, rebuild of the pump, foam, cascade systems, ... (Full Story & Photos)
September 7, 2012
Station 1: Elkridge
6275 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075 Phone: 410-313-4901 Battalion: One Equipment: Engine, Ambulance, Squad, Brush Truck
Your feedback is important to us! Feel free to sign the guestbook.